Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How to be Happy.

I'm going to be blunt.

Want to be truly happy?

Here is the place to start. 

Delight yourself in The Lord.

 Period. 



***Disclaimer***
Side effects of delighting in The Lord are:

- An intimate & passionate relationship with God

-The ability to view things in the perspective of eternity

- Changes in your relationships

- Contentment & gratefulness

- The ability to serve others with pure intentions

- Honoring God and His will for your life

- True joy

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 

Want to take delight in The Lord but...
Don't know how to start? 

 Pray. 

The Lord hears our prayers, and answers them. 

1st John 5:14 
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

You don't have to be a theologian or pastor to pray and be heard by God. 
The Lord loves the humble. 

"Lord, Forgive me for trying to find happiness in someone else or something else. My heart yearns for a intimate relationship with You. Teach me how to find delight in You. Let your Holy Word move me and give me wisdom. May I find true happiness in the gift of Your salvation, grace, mercy and promises."


There is nothing like the Joy of delighting your self in the Lord


Zephaniah 3:17 
The Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

And in the result of your delight in Him...God and the heavens will delight in you.

Psalm 149:4 
"For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory"


Take delight in Him, His promises, and creation daily.

Wait upon Him.

And let him mold and shape you. 

Praying His blessing upon you.

Philippians 4:4 
Rejoice in The Lord always. I will say it again; Rejoice! 

Anna Topal 
August 27th 2014

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you for sharing this. It was a rich encouragement for me today. I know that I have read that verse before, and I know that I need to delight in the Lord...but today it was just what i needed to hear! (rather...read) lol.
    Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad God is using this little blog to touch hearts. I think we all need the reminder to simply take pleasure in our Creator! And I'm glad you found that reminder here. :) Praying for Gods rich blessing in your life.
      -Anna

      Delete